Friday, January 04, 2008

Tanty

I hope I never forget to never forget you
I want to etch your sketch
Into a perpetual mental state
Of mine
So that I find you there every time I look.

I want to see a book or phrase
And think back to faded days
When you make a silly face
And that strange way you used to laugh…

I want to never forget the day you gave
that homeless lady the shirt off your back
and all the money you had.

I don’t want to be the one
Who only wants to have fun
Cuz it hurts to deal

I want to remember every hairstyle you had
That was always 20 years back from whatever time period we were in

I want to remember your skin
How soft it was and welcoming
How I’d breathe your hugs in
like warm buttermilk

You WILL reside in me
A constant in my memory
A metaphorical centerpiece
To what makes me be

I WILL praise your name
And celebrate your days
I will not let you be disgraced
By letting you fade

I will NEVER forget to never forget you!

No comments: