Friday, January 04, 2008

Almost Forgot

When it comes to writing, no one can test me
My flow is majestic
Putting angry spirits to rest
I know that I am capable of amazing
of blazing a trail that no one ever thought of before

I open doors for the less brave
Y’all ask for more and I gave
Becoming a lyrical slave for this generation

But lately, I have been struggling
trying to come up with something worth saying in a way that is pleasing to the ear
I can hear the words in my mind
that my brain can’t define
what exactly is my talent?

And then I remembered.

I am not here for you to bob your head to my sound
I am here for you to nod your head because you agree with what I am saying
I am here to enlighten
I am hear to empower
I am hear to put fear into the hearts of cowards

All those who hide behind paper
so that we can’t see the face of
those creating bills that limits our freedom in exchange for our free will.

I can’t believe I almost forgot that I am here not because you want me
but because I need to be
I can no longer stand still and watch them ignore the children
I wanna know why I’m more afraid to think than to feel
I wanna know why men are getting killed
going to the store to buy milk for the baby they’ve finally decided to help raise

I wanna know why you can be with who you want
as long as you don’t want to marry them
That goes against God
Was that what you were thinking when you were harassing saddam?
Osama bin laden should be Osama been found
instead we hear Osama been making money off the U.S. underground.
What the Fuck!
I can’t believe I almost forgot.

No comments: