Thursday, May 15, 2008

An Appliance's Rant

blessings are in the eye of the beholder
bestowed onto victims, not based on accomplishment
but by false beliefs of "worthiness"

In marketing you learn that value is equal to
the amount of comfort wanted in that time period
So an object is only deemed valuable to the person
who wants those comforts wrapped in that package

Well I am standing up for the objects of the world
and I am here to tell you that
I am beautiful!
I repeat,
I AM BEAUTIFUL
Because I know so, not because you deemed it to be

My specific functions make me a beneficial and necessary
part of someone's life
And I respect that it might not be yours
But I know that I am exactly what someone wanted
Somewhere in this vast capitalist economy.

So please, pass me on the shelf if you aren't ready to
at least try out my special features.
Because I don't want you getting me dirty for my future owner

My sole purpose is the betterment of mankind
Through competency and user friendly hardware
So don't blame me if you find me hard to maneuver
I wasn't meant for you.

Just return me in my original package, get your money back
And find a model that does what you need it to do.

Don't push all my buttons and then toss me in your couch
As an afterthought
I have a purpose, which I can't say the same about you

So please, just respect my worth

No comments: