Wednesday, May 05, 2010

In Loving Memory

She
She with her fall scented skin
And hope filled eyes

She who loved like
Love like time

Loved like I
Loved like love before the lies

Wrapped in weather worn righteousness
And spider webbed pride

I loved how her kisses
Came with a little wisdom on the side

I should have thanked her sooner,
But instead, I let time fly

Now I watch tired bones
Trying to hold up a spirit too stubborn to die

I should have hugged you more
Loved you more
I should have tried to see your side
Instead of trying to win this victorless war

I’m.
So.
Sorry.

Sorry that even in the little time left that we have
I still can’t seem to cross over the abyss of silence

Terrified of the day I can’t see you in my reflection
Yet still can’t say ‘I love you’ without a little hesitation

You
Withered womb warrior woman, you

I can’t believe I ever thought you unworthy

Just know that if I ever hold any power over our destinies
I’ll find some way to make you let go of prodigal dreams
The way I plan to hold on to your memory

Because you raised me better than this

1 comment:

Sandra said...

wow...